Diagnostic ultrasound, also called Sonography or USG is an imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. The images can provide valuable information for diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and conditions.
Why it's done ?
- To evaluate abnormalities of intra abdominal & pelvic organs like liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, uterus, ovaries, etc.
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- A To monitor the developing fetal well-being during pregnancy.
- A Guide a needle for biopsy or tumor treatment
- Examine a breast lump
- Check your thyroid gland
- A Detect genital and prostate problems
- A Assess joint inflammation (synovitis)
- A Evaluate blood flow to organs and tumoral blood flow.
Diagnostic ultrasound is a safe procedure that uses low-power sound waves. There are no known risks